Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Salad and the city

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Recipe: Mini Breakfast Pizza


I've been dying to make a breakfast pizza with an over easy egg on top.  I had some whole wheat flat bread (from Trader Joe's) and decided to make the perfect individual pie.  This recipe was super easy and I used a lot of the ingredients I had bought to make my greek salad earlier in the week.  Can't wait to make this more often, or make for friends for brunch!

Mini Breakfast Pizza

Ingredients:
1 whole wheat flat bread (try Middle Eastern Flatbread from Trader Joe's)
Sliced sugar plum tomatoes (add as many as you wish)
1 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsely
1 tbsp sliced shallots (or red onions)
1 tbsp olive oil (I used Garlic flavored olive oil)
2 tbsps shaved parmesan cheese (I don't feel guilty for adding more since parmesan is pretty low cal!)
1 egg

Spread olive oil on flatbread.  Add shallots, sliced tomatoes, parsely and parmesan cheese.  Crack egg in center of flatbread.  Add salt and pepper to taste.

Bake in a baking sheet on 450 degrees for about 8-10 minutes or until egg is cooked.  (I cooked the egg over easy so it runs when you slice into it)

No comments:

Post a Comment