Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Salad and the city

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Recipe: Easy Veggie Stir-Fry with Tofu


Just bought a wok from Cost Plus World Market and was really excited to try it out.  I've heard woks are super easy to cook with and only takes a couple minutes.


This recipe was made-up on the fly with whatever veggies I had in my fridge, and others my friends brought along.  (I invited some girlfriends over for dinner and this was perfect dish for sharing) And very healthy!


Veggie Stir-Fry with Tofu


Ingredients:
Diced white onions
1 tsp chopped garlic
Chopped kale
Chopped brocoli
Sliced mushrooms
Green beans
Chopped carrots
Sliced almonds (for garnish)
Any asian stir-fry sauce (I used Mae Poy Sweet Chili Sauce available at most grocery stores)
Extra-firm tofu (chopped into cubes)


Heat wok on stove with a spray of canola oil spray.


First sautee onions and garlic.  Add tofu.  Gradually add the rest of the ingredients according to their cooking time (veggies that take longer to cook go in first)  I added in the broccoli, carrots, kale, green beans, and lastly the mushrooms.


Add in sauce and stir around until veggies are tender.  Sprinkle sliced almonds for garnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment