Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Salad and the city

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Recipe: Roasted Corn and Goat Cheese Salad

Note: Corn doesn't look roasted from the photo but I promise you can
taste the char on each kernel as if you just roasted it from the grill!
Already made roasted corn salsa from the grocery aisle at Safeway



Summer is almost here and there's nothing I crave more than roasted corn on the grill!  I wanted to make a freshly roasted corn salad, but let's be real, I didn't have a charcoal grill nor the patience to make my own.  Luckily, I found an already made roasted corn salsa at Safeway that came complete with red onions, peppers, and packed with flavor!  It was the perfect topping for a bed of spinach with a sprinkle of goat cheese.  And, it literally took 5 seconds to make!

What to buy:
1) Already made corn salsa (like this Spicy Corn Salsa from Fresh Party Favorites)
2) Bag of spinach salad
3) Goat cheese crumbles


Add in your own protein (tofu, salmon, chicken, etc)


No comments:

Post a Comment