Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Salad and the city

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Audrey's Recipe: Simple Salad

This salad recipe is one of my go to recipes when I want something fast and easy.  I tend to make it for dinner after a late night at work when I don't want to eat something heavy, but still pack in some protein and nutrition. And, I always have these ingredients in my fridge.



Simple Salad Recipe



2 cups arugula
chopped red onion
shredded parmesan cheese (I love the fresh version usually in the deli section)
1 fried egg
olive oil
sea salt and pepper

Cook one fried egg as you like it.  (I prefer mine over medium.)  Toss arugula, chopped red onion and parmesan cheese into a Glad plastic container.  Drizzle olive oil and salt and pepper.  Close with lid and shake salad to evenly coat with olive oil.  Plate salad and place fried egg on top.


*Note: most of my salad recipes only use Olive oil and sea salt and pepper for dressing.  I like to add in a lot of flavorful toppings that don't require much dressing, which makes it even more healthy.  I'd recommend investing in a good, sweeter olive oil or even some flavored ones like a lemon-infused.  We Olive in the Marina carries a great selection of olive oils or the vendors in the Ferry building.

No comments:

Post a Comment